Monday, November 3, 2014

Fear of the unknown

Two more sleeps to portfolio interview. Two more sleeps to finally becoming a doctor. Or not. The suspense is killing me.
This whole portfolio shebang has given me great grief over the past 2 years – multiple sleepless nights and now this dreadful sense of impending doom. And the truth is, I don’t find it particularly useful for my learning experience. I would learn much better without the constant niggle in my mind to save the UR number for every patient I come across.
If only I knew earlier that our long cases would eventually become the subject of questioning during the interview, I would not have written what I had – HIV (with complex therapeutics) and GBS (pertaining to end of life care issues). I am basically digging a grave for myself. Well, I guess what’s done is done. I just gotta read up on them all if I wanna see myself graduating.
I have to remember that Mirtazapine is an SNRI. For some reason, I kept thinking it is an SSRI. Gosh. And my neck’s hurting from reading on my computer all day.
Enough ranting. Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment