Monday, November 24, 2014

City by the sea

Sorry for the temporary hiatus, I have been spending the past week in sunny Sydney (more beach time yay!), and it was AMAZING! The Boy and I went on the pretext of him attending a psychiatry conference, but hey, one does not simply go to the city by the sea just for a boring sit-down in an air conditioned room without soaking up the whole big city experience.. and of course, the beautiful beaches (have I told you already that I LOOOOVE beaches?).

Oh yes, Sydney is one of the Top 10 Beach Cities as per National Geographic, alongside Bacelona, Miami, Santa Monica etc. All of which are places I would really want to visit this lifetime (if work can be merciful, that is). Actually, I am not much of a travel junkie, really. Just the idea of beaches seems so irresistible.

And the food. The wide variety of food the big cities offer always drive me greedily yearning to try everything even when there actually aren't that many mealtimes in a day. Which was why every time I go on a vacation, I end up putting on weight because I'm eating up to 6 meals a day just to work through my bucket list of food-to-eat (cravings included).

Pictures to follow as I am a really lazy narrator (blame it on med school training - with all the medical abbreviations and point-form documentation, as well as the ISBAR presentation proforma).

complimentary jelly beans by the hotel! =) 


gawking at the luxurious sports cars parked outside four seasons hotel... I loveee the Lamborghini!
And the perks of living in Darling Harbour --- you get to have amazing scenery, day and night! Oh how I love the blue skies and blue sea! 


And also the ferry rides...


The always-picturesque Sydney Opera House. One of the most beautiful architecture I have seen. Definitely better than Menzies Clinical School, that is.

The Boy and I took the ferry to Manly. And the beautiful beach totally blew me away!

I could stay here forever...















Trying out our new fitbits
And the rest has to be food pics!

Mamak - who could resist roti telur bawang? 
Some Taiwanese beer, tasted just like fruit juice. Oh well.

Yummy but fattening pork cracklings at a Mexican place
Green tea and black sesame snow flake dessert. YUM!!!




And the BEST FOOD I had this trip has to be this --- 



'Home' Thai is this Thai restaurant located along Sussex St, and it is forever crowded! So we decided to try it out on our last night in Sydney, and it turned out to be the BEST Thai food we ever had! I regret not trying it out much earlier, but if that was the case, I am pretty sure we would be going back there for all the following nights and miss out on any other food... but it'll be totally worth it though. Oh yes, it is THAT good.

It was a short, but wonderful trip nevertheless. Strangely, these days I am finding myself gradually being won over by Sydney, mainly because of the oh-so-lovely beaches that unfortunately Melbourne lacks... but I don't think my skin agrees with the warmer weather, and decent city dwellings cost more than a million here, oh well.

But guess I'll be stuck in Burnie for the next year, so bye bye big-city life for now! I'll be back.

Meanwhile, find me amongst the meadows, a poor little damsel/intern in distress.. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment