Tuesday, September 22, 2015

9 more sleeps to the big day

So it's gonna be an interesting birthday for me. Job interview in Hobart in the morning, flying off to Melbourne in the evening.

Now that I am almost a quarter century old, I find that I don't enjoy birthdays that much any more. It's just an unpleasant reminder that after multiple relocations around the world, how very few friends you have left by your side who would be free to spend your birthday with you, or how few would even remember your birthday. And how this could be about the 5th birthday you are spending away from your family who are thousands of miles away. Oh and of course, how you are getting another year older, and still without a stable job, a home, a family of your own. At times I feel like I am no much different from that fresh-faced 17 year old girl who left home in pursue of greater things (deep down knowing that the best life would probably always be the one she was leaving behind); I can still taste that fear of the uncertainty, that helplessness in the hands of faith, that loneliness ...




At least I have you with me. And that is enough to make me feel so so blessed. You're my window in the dark.

Now if only dear God would please grant me a successful interview, and a job in Hobart, where I intend to be. That would be the best birthday gift ever.

*praying hard*

2 comments:

  1. Stay positive! The fact that you can remain strong this far to pursue your dreams is testament of your inner strength. Believe in yourself and you shall ace the interview seamlessly! "God helps those who help themselves." I believe you shall receive your birthday present soon. Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your encouragements! And also many thanks for dropping by my blog =)

    ReplyDelete