Sunday, December 28, 2014

Flashbacks

Because in all the days to come, I shall not forget that moment. It was as though we entered a time warp and time slows down. Tick tock, tick tock. 

Everything was in slow motion. 
Turning away because I couldn't watch you go. My tear-streaked face. Afternoon drizzle. Blurring vision. The helplessness. The anger. Happy faces that passed me by. The ones that could stay. I felt my insides boil, of bitter resentment. But most of all, fear. 


What would happen to us, then? 


People holding hands, big smiles. 
This will be a privilege that neither of us could have, given the circumstances. Since when has it come to this? 

I spent two years building this nest I might just start to call home. Settling down, adapting. Painstakingly. 
Then they took it all away from me. 

And you. They took you too. Along with everything good I once knew here. 
And now...



My mornings miss you,
My evenings seek you;
I want to hold your hands and walk a mile,
Don't wanna miss you, even a while...


Fear of the future is always worse than pain of the past. 

No comments:

Post a Comment