Friday, April 29, 2016

Nocturnal Creatures


Count me in as one of them.

I'm doing night shifts again as surg senior, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am actually enjoying them. The peacefulness of the night (when patients behave, that is), the long quiet corridors of the hospital, the private time, the wonderful surg senior room in the resident quarters... So much different from the hustle and bustle of day shifts. But I would say nights are more challenging. For you are on your own most of the time, keeping patients stable and alive till the day comes.

Scrubbing in on a 2 to 4am emergency laparoscopic procedure, being able to manipulate the camera for the very first time was pretty fun. Almost like playing video games.
Admissions... not so much.

But I'm not complaining, as nights allow me to finally have the time to blog again! While awaiting the next phone call...

No comments:

Post a Comment