Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine's Day

It's basically just like any other day. Albeit over-commercialized.

At least the Boy's here with me. And I'm not working that dreaded 15-hour weekend shift.
That's good enough for me.

I thank God today for having him (and all his leftover reports from work) here with me on our very first Valentine's Day together as a couple.
I thank God he knows me well enough to have the sense not to spend unnecessary money on flowers that will wither or chocolates that will exacerbate the ache in my sensitive gum near my left premolar.

Instead he brought me a whole box of (healthy and not-so-healthy) snacks that I can have in bed while reading my ALS course preparation handbook. (Think pine nuts and pork crackling) Also, Indian takeaway for dinner. Pea pulao and garlic naan's the best.

I pray for the many more Valentine's Day to come. That the Boy will be here by my side, regardless of whether we celebrate it or not. I  don't need any expensive gifts, fancy fine-dining or fireworks. Just us, together. Spending quality time, sharing workplace gossips.

To me, that's the best kind of Valentine's Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment